About this course
This Sailing Course is Run On Three Consecutive Sundays Between
10.00am and 2.30pm
Adult Level I – Start Sailing provides a safe and enjoyable introduction to small boat sailing for novices. The course includes an introduction to fundamental boat handling skills and essential safety knowledge that will allow participants the freedom of sailing small boats with guidance from an instructor or coach.
- Six sailing lessons over consecutive Sundays.
- Develop your elementary knowledge of sailing.
- Fully qualified instructors.
- Accredited training program.
- Designed for beginners who have minimal sailing experience or those wanting to brush up on their skills.
“I cannot speak highly enough of Sunshine Sailing Australia. I loved it and learn’t so much from it.”
David Wood, Sherwood
‘A great learning experience, lots of information, very capable instructors who know how to deliver.’
Ross Mitchell, Brisbane.
- Basic boat handling skills
- Dinghy sailing instruction 1
- Safety equipment and clothing
- Rigging & preparing a boat
- Ropework and basic knots
- Sailing techniques, tacking
- Rescue Procedures, towing
- Launching & recovery
- Sailing Theory, no go zone
- Wind aware, tides & currents
Students will be given an opportunity to cover all aspects of the sailing syllabus and have their log books signed off every week in order to reach the next certificated level.
We have a fleet of six 14ft Vagabond dinghies, 2 lasers and 2 Hobie 16 and operate a rescue boat at the same time.
Bring a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, bathing suit, a warm jumper, change of clothes (minimal wardrobe needed), spray jacket. Be sure to pack this in a flexible soft bag.
Bring your own meals and drinks.