About this course
By law a ship’s station (HF or VHF) should only be operated by a person holding a current Marine Radio Operators Certificate of Proficiency. Most Australian Offshore races requires at least two members of the crew to hold this qualification. This training may even save your life and the lives of your crew or family.
The Sunshine Coast Sailing & Marine Academy will be conducting an Australian Communications Authority Marine Operators Course and Examination.
“I cannot speak highly enough of Sunshine Sailing Australia. I loved it and learn’t so much from it.”
David Wood, Sherwood
‘A great learning experience, lots of information, very capable instructors who know how to deliver.’
Ross Mitchell, Brisbane.
- How to send distress and urgency communications
- How to access the internet via HF phone
- Satellite communications from your vessel
- Accessing the Weather Bureau information and WeatherFax via HF radio
- Battery maintenance and marine electrical systems simplified
- Digital Select Calling (DSC) for VHF and HF
- How the EPIRB works
- Search and rescue systems globally as part of GMDSS
- Inmarsat systems and equipment
RYA and YA Log books. Colour passport size photograph. Note pad and pen, lunch and little lunch.
On satisfactory completion you will be issued with your MROCP certificate. The course includes handbook, notes, practical sessions and exam.