About this course
The aim of the RYA Diesel Engine course is to prevent machinery breakdown at sea. If you do have mechanical problems this course will teach you how to get going again. Volunteer Marine Rescue groups tell us that the main reasons for callouts to sail and powerboats is machinery failure. As a crewmember on a racing or cruising sailboat this course will extend your maritime skills and enhance your value as a crewmember.
“I cannot speak highly enough of Sunshine Sailing Australia. I loved it and learn’t so much from it.”
David Wood, Sherwood
‘A great learning experience, lots of information, very capable instructors who know how to deliver.’
Ross Mitchell, Brisbane.
- Identifying the key parts of a marine diesel engine
- Understanding the four stroke engine
- How turbochargers and intercoolers work on small marine engines
- Fuel systems and problem solving
- Cooling systems, pumps and impellers and how they work
- Air systems for marine diesels
- Engine electrical systems simplified
- Practical daily checklists and onboard spare parts
- Lubrication, winterization and servicing
- Faultfinding made easy!
Bring your RYA and YA Sail/Power Log Books; clothes to work in and deck shoes; Note pad and pen, lunch and little lunch; payment by cheque or cash. No tools required!
On completion you will be issued with your RYA Diesel Engine Certificate.